Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics Business Central migration forum
Suggested answer

Taking history from GP to BC

Posted on by
We are converting over from Dynamics GP to Business Central.  Is it very difficult to convert history over to Business Central?  When I look at what has been done, I cannot even see the accounting information tied to an invoice or a purchase order for this fiscal year.  Is it doable to have this information to be seen from the user perspective and what about previous years history?  Can it be done to convert this information over?  Can notes and attachments from GP to Business Central come over?  

We are still in the learning process but not comfortable with some answers that I am getting about how things are operating with the upgrade.
  • Suggested answer
    Judy Profile Picture
    Judy Microsoft Employee on at
    History
    Hi, it's possible that you can migrate data from Dynamics GP to Business Central. Business Central online offers a comprehensive set of tools to migrate company data from Dynamics GP, including the ability to migrate historical data such as accounting information tied to invoices and purchase orders. Notes and attachments from GP to Business Central can also be migrated.
    The reference links:
    Best Regards,
    Judy

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 283,860 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,155 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans