Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Sales forum / Disqualify a lead when...
Sales forum
Suggested answer

Disqualify a lead when a contact is created or updated

Posted on by 11
Hi,

I'm struggeling to find a way to disqualify a lead when a contact is created or updated (when there are no relationship between lead and contact).
The scenario is when a specific column on a contact is set to value "x" I want to control if there are one or several open leads with the same email. If there are existing leads with the same email I want to disqualify them with reason "y".
Is this possible with Power Automate?

Thanks in advance!
//Sara
  • Daivat Profile Picture
    Daivat 400 on at
    Hello Sara,

Thanks for confirming that you were able to achieve the expected output. 

Request you to please mark the answer as verified to help other community members find more.

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Daivat Vartak
  • SA-18061446-0 Profile Picture
    SA-18061446-0 11 on at
    Hi Daivat and Cui!

Thanks for your respons! I got a bit stuck on the list lead-step, but after som trial and error I have a flow which work as I wished. Appreciate you taking the time to help out :).

• Suggested answer
    Cui Hao Profile Picture
    Cui Hao on at
    Hi,

I implemented your requirements with Flow, roughly along the same lines as Daivat.
    In confirming no relationship between lead and contact, I utilized the /parentcontactid/ field for filtering.

You can refer to my Flow design:

1.When performing the List rows traversal, I filtered with the odata expression, and this selected to Leads that have no relation to the contact and the /Open Leads/ status of the leads.

2. Filter all the leads filtered above again and perform an update operation on the leads that are the same as the contact's email.
    The update to the operation was to disqualify Lead on Y grounds.

I suggest you filter with odata first before performing the update operation, because I had problems when I put it all in the last step to perform the update operation, maybe the amount of data is too large.
    Since /parentcontactid/ may be null, this field can also only be filtered by the odata expression.

If my answer was helpful, please click Like, and if it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
    Cui Hao
  • Suggested answer
    Daivat Profile Picture
    Daivat 400 on at
    Hello Sara,

Yes, this is possible using Power Automate. Here is the high-level logic. 

1. Write an "Automated Cloud Flow" with the trigger on change of Contact specific column set to "X"
    2. Get the email address of the specific contact
    3. List Leads (Status Open, Email address as contact email address, you can add your custom filters to reduce records)
    4. Check if list rows have any output (if yes)
    5. Apply for each row (lead)
    6. Update the lead with status /status reason along with additional details as per your requirement. 

If my answer was helpful, please click Like, and if it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more.
    If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Daivat Vartak

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 283,860 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,155 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans