Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

Production BOM - Location

Posted on by 360

All,

I consider this an almost embarrassing question but it seems I have a complete black out :)

In AX2009  using WMSII the location on the production BOM was automatically populated when the Default issue location on 'warehouse item' was set.

In AX2012 we are planning to use the R3 advanced warehouse management solution so the 'warehouse item' on the item are no longer valid.

When creating a production order how can I control that a location is set against the production BOM line?

I have tried fixed location for an item in the warehouse, Default input location on the warehouse and the resource group.

Each time I create a production order, the production BOM line has site, warehouse and inventory status but the location remains blank!

Thanks for your help!

Categories:
  • JoeGr Profile Picture
    JoeGr 360 on at
    RE: Production BOM - Location

Thanks for the feedback. based on your replies I gather that if the warehouse is whs management controlled there is no way of backflushing from a specific location and you always need to pick against the order.

• GuyUK Profile Picture
    GuyUK 28,343 on at

Just echoing what Fredrik said. It's the same with Sales and Purchase order lines - if Warehouse management is enabled on the item and warehouse, AX won't fill in the location on the line. If this is the case, it is not possible to get the location to automatically appear on the Production BOM line. I assume that the warehouse management production picking function is in someway useful here, but I've never tried it.

• Suggested answer
    Fredrik Sætre Profile Picture
    Fredrik Sætre 12,644 on at

The idea of the WHS solution is that the location directives are supposed to select this. Releasing the order to warehouse will activate this and then fin an appropriate location.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 283,860 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,155 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans