Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Unanswered

Voided check still showing ... how to adjust so checkbook and cash balance match

Posted on by
Voided a check 108070 and reissued but cash balance on account is short by $8,000.  Unable to void out transaction (as already voided).  What is the best way to adjust this and increase cash balance by $8,000 to match the current checkbook balance?  

Categories:
  • BJ-09051414-0 Profile Picture
    BJ-09051414-0 59 on at
    Voided check still showing ... how to adjust so checkbook and cash balance match
    Hello,

Looking at the screenshots provided, my assumption is the process that occurred is:

1. Check 108070 was posted.
    2. Check 108070 was marked in the Bank Reconciliation window but not actually reconciled.
    3. Check 108070 was then voided.
    When the above is done, a negative check will be created in the Bank Rec. This is covered in the article below. This because it is marked to reconcile or has been reconciled.

With the information provided, it states that the check was re-issued. Since you re-issued the check, you should have a positive value in the Bank Rec now that will offset the negative which will net to zero and allow you to reconcile the checkbook.

That should net to zero since you voided which created a negative and re-entered so it should offset to zero. There shouldn’t need to be any adjustments that need to be made based of the scenario provided.

In your screenshots provided, I only see the void and the original check. Was the recreated check entered in a different period? If you do not use a date restriction, are you still out of balance?

Where is the recreated 8,000 payment?

After re-entering it, I see the original and void wash to zero and the new one is listed which should be also on your bank statements when it comes time to reconcile.

Reconciling the bank afterwards.

One thing I would suggest checking as well is to see if there are any GL Batches that need to be posted which could also cause a difference in your account if the void or re-enter of the payment was not posted to the GL.

If the check had been unmarked in the Reconcile window, it would not have created a negative and would have flipped the Voided flag in the CM20200 and mark is reconciled.

If the above is not applicable, then you could look at making an adjustment in Bank Rec or in the General Ledger. However, keep in mind, if one account is wrong, then another must be incorrect as well. However, this should not be needed based on the information provided. This could also lead to not being able to reconcile your checkbook when the time comes.

I hope this helps!

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 283,860 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,155 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans